Thursday, April 16, 2009

CuPCaKeS

Posted by Jamie at 9:14 AM
I made some yummy cupcakes last week...chocolate with cream cheese frosting and a caramel swirl. Since I'm just loving my new camera, you can see the step by step process...Lucky you *wink wink* :)

Start by making just your favorite basic chocolate cupcake(I cheated this time and used a box mix, but it sure didn't taste like it)...

Bake according to the recipe and let cool.


I made a cream cheese frosting and got it from "How to Eat a Cupcake" here(I love her blog).

It was so yummy.


Next, frost cooled cupcakes. I used a pastry bag with a decorators tip but you can just use a ziploc bag with the end cut off.
Then I just made up my own idea for the drizzled caramel. I melted some caramels with a little but of whipped cream to make them smoother.

Then drizzle the melted caramel on top of your frosting. Be prepared for a sticky mess!

And the finished product...

Yum!

1 comments on "CuPCaKeS"

Sheena on Friday, April 17, 2009 at 1:05:00 PM PDT said...

those look good- i love how creative you are with the caramel... you have a talent :)

 

Pink Sweets Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez